I have so many stories to share about her but i will only do one in this blog.... Well it was in Dec of 2007 I think and we were over her house making tamales. we had everything going real smooth we had done our first batch I think already. We had ran out of supplies so we had to go down to Market Place which is a grocery store here in Whidbey we got our supplies and also some lunch.. When we got back to her house we started the second batch and we were talking or something and next thing we knew there was a grease fire in her house with the second batch of tamales getting burnt...
That was just one of the fun days we had together... I hope you remember that story and one day we can sit back and laugh about it.
You are gonna be missed my dear friend. Hopefully in six months we can join you there in Texas and we can pick back up where we ended...
I remember!! The oil from the tamales dripping down into the steam water that boiled out!! It sure didn't take long to light up! OI!! Flames shooting up out of that pan! Thank the Lord for elementary school where I learned about baking soda on fire and the whole "put a lid on it" technique!
ReplyDeleteLOVE YOU !