Monday, May 7, 2012

Broken Spaghetti with Shrimp

Filippo Berio version










My version



Hello everyone and good morning.

Today's blog post will be on Filippo Berio and what I cooked for my family on Sunday night. As you can see from the title of my blog I was suppose to cook it with shrimp but since only two of the four members in my household will not eat seafood I had to change the receipe to chicken. I have to say it tasted it very good. It was such a huge success in my household that I have my family asking me to make it again but this time add more color to it since it did look kinda bland as you can see in the photo. At first it looked kind hard to make but wow was I wrong it was so easy to make. Below I will post the recipie so you can give it a try if your brave enough but I do have to say it has some what of a little spice kick to it. Thank you BzzAgent for my free sample of Filippo Berio olive oil.

Broken Spaghetti with Shrimp

Ingredients 

1 teaspoon or more dried hot red pepper flakes
1 large garlic clove peeled
2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley
1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves
Zest and juice of 1 lemon
Salt
1 pound frozen medium-sized cooked shrimp defrosted
2 teaspoons Filippo Berio Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 cup frozen chopped broccoli or spinach, defrosted and squeezed dry
6 cherry tomatoes cut in half
1 pound spaghetti or other long pasta, broken in half
1/4 cup reserved cooking water
Coarse black pepper

Directions

1. Mince red pepper flakes, garlic, parsley and mint together. Add to a large bowl. Stir in zest, lemon juice and a pinch of salt. Toss in shrimp and allow to marinate for 5 mintues.

2. Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large saute pan. When olive oil is hot, stir in shrimp and cook 2 minutes. Add broccoli or spinach and cook 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes and cook 1 minute longer. Remove from heat and keep warm.

3. Cook spaghetti according to package directions. Reserve 1/4 cup of cooking water; drain spaghetti. Add spaghetti and reserved cooking water to shrimp and vegetables in pan. Reheat quickly until everything is hot. Season with salt and pepper. Serve

No comments:

Post a Comment